Lincoln Park’s Children’s Ministry exists to help build a spiritual foundation that will, in God’s timing, lead each child to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ. We strive to not only teach your child, but to also equip them for a life dedicated to serving God. Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible classes are taught by our very dedicated and trained staff. Classes begin at birth and continue through 12th grade.
- Bible Classes Our Bible-based classes are a fun and engaging way for children to learn to love Christ in a way that transforms their daily lives. Classes are held on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. We provide Bible classes for babies through 12th Graders on Sunday morning (9:30-10:15) and Wednesday night (7:00-7:45). Our aim is to show God’s plan in the Bible for His people and how we fit into it. We utilize creative storytelling, games and crafts to help children understand, apply, and remember His word.
- Nursery We provide loving care and teaching during both Sunday Bible school and Wednesday night Bible study for infants through 24 months.
- Bible Time is a special time of Bible teaching and activities for our children in grades K – 6 during our Sunday evening worship service (during the school year). A team of teachers present lessons designed to help children learn about the Bible in ways they can understand and connect to.
- Bible Bowl is a Bible quiz team for students in grades 3 – 12. Teams from Lincoln Park compete with other congregations in the downriver area each year. Competitions are held once a month in January, February and March. Bible Bowl is a fun way for students to learn Bible knowledge and to meet and spend time with students from other congregations.
- Bible Achievers is a memory work and skills curriculum for our students in Grades K – 8. In this program, which takes place within our regular Bible school classes, students learn how to use their Bibles and other study aids, as well as memorize key people, facts and events from the Bible. There is an awards program in the fall to recognize these achievements.
- “66” Club is an offshoot of the Bible Achievers Program. It is for kids who have learned the names of all 66 books of the Bible in order. Their pictures appear on the bulletin board in the foyer.
- Vacation Bible School is held each summer for kids age 4 through 5th grade. It is an exciting time of learning God’s Word, through themed activities such as music, drama, games, crafts and more.
- Service Projects Serving others is an important part of our ministry. Throughout the year, we strive to include ways in which our children can give of themselves and serve others, reminding them of the importance of loving others just as God loves us. Some of the projects our children participate in are: preparing and serving a meal for our senior citizens, collecting hats and gloves for the homeless shelter, and collecting school supplies for an inner city mission. Our youth group participates in a week long work camp in cooperation with other congregations throughout the state.
- Fellowship Activities Events are planned throughout the year to build community among children and families.